Can you believe we’re at the start of week 2 already?! This week we’re focusing on simplifying our lunch offering to make things easier, and moving to less meat substitutes in our evening meals, only using up leftover veggie sausages later in the week.
Day 8 Menu
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs and Baked Beans on Wholegrain Seeded Toast
Lunch: Margarita Pizza with side salad
Dinner: Thai Green Curry with Jasmine Rice
Cheats Thai Green Curry Recipe
Recipe by Our Whimsical World
• 1tbsp coconut oil
• 1 brown onion, sliced
• 1 red pepper, sliced
• ½ a cup of baby corn
• ½ a cup of mangetout
• small handful of green beans
• ½ a broccoli, split in to small florets
• 3tbsp Thai green curry paste
• ½ can coconut milk
• jasmine rice, cooked according to packet instructions
1) Heat the coconut oil on a medium heat in a large saucepan. Add the onions and fry gently for a few minutes, until starting to soften
2) Add the remaining vegetables to the pan, cover and continue cooking for 5-10 minutes, until vegetables are starting to soften. Covering the pan will allow the vegetables to steam, giving them time to cook but locking in all of the flavour and colour
3) Add the Thai green curry paste to the vegetables and cook out for 3 minutes
4) Finally, add the coconut milk, stir and simmer for 5 minutes
5) Serve with your cooked jasmine rice
You can experiment with different vegetables in your curry – these are just the ones we had at hand today.
Remember, we don’t currently use affiliate links or sponsored products, so everything we have mentioned is because we bought it and genuinely used it!
Which Thai curry do you prefer? Red or green? What is your go-to Thai side dish? Let us know in the comments!
2 thoughts on “Day 8: Cheats Thai Green Curry”
This looks amaaaazing! Have to try it out soon…
lovely! that looks amazing. Green curry is certainly my favourite! looking forward to your upcoming posts..