Day 3 and still going strong! We might be meat-free, but today is fish day. Of course you could substitute the fish for other vegetables, beans or pulses if you wanted to, but we’re happy with ethically sourced fish.
Day 3 Menu
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs & Baked Beans on Wholegrain Seeded Toast
Lunch: Butternut Squash & Spinach Pasta (link to recipe here)
Dinner: Caribbean Fish Curry
Caribbean Fish Curry Recipe
Recipe by Our Whimsical World
• 2 boneless cod fillets
• Juice of ½ a lemon
• Schwartz Caribbean Jerk Seasoning (1 sachet, or make your own)
• 1tbsp coconut oil
• 3 spring onions, sliced
• 1tsp ginger, finely chopped
• 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
• 1 red chilli, seeds removed & finely chopped
• 1 red pepper, diced
• 1tsp fresh thyme
• 1/2 can of coconut milk (200g)
• 2 portions of the rice of your choice. Cook according to packet instructions – we like wild, jasmine or brown rice, all of which have different cooking times
1) Coat the cod fillets with the lemon juice & half of the Caribbean seasoning. Set aside to marinade.
2) In a large saucepan, heat the coconut oil on a medium heat. Cook the spring onions, ginger, garlic, chilli and pepper for 5 minutes, until the peppers are softened. Stir in the remaining Caribbean seasoning and thyme and cook for 1 minute.
3) Add the coconut milk to the pan, then simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Leave uncovered to allow the sauce to reduce slightly.
4) Add the marinated cod fillets to the sauce, making sure they are fully submerged. Continue to simmer with the saucepan lid on for 8-10 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily.
5) Serve on a bed of your chosen cooked rice, sprinkled with a little more fresh thyme.
Once again, we don’t currently use affiliate links or sponsored products, so everything we have mentioned is because we bought it and genuinely used it!
Have you tried a fish curry? What is your favourite seasoning? Let us know in the comments!