Day 4 and its Star Wars Day! May the fourth be with you, fellow rebels! As much as I’d love to say we have a Star Wars themed recipe to share today, we do not. But we do have a comforting porridge recipe to share. It’s easy peasy and very adaptable to suit your own tastes.
Day 4 Menu
Breakfast: Spiced Banana Porridge (recipe below)
Lunch: Jacket potato with baked beans & cheese
Dinner: Lemony Spinach Pasta (recipe here)
Spiced Banana Porridge Recipe
Recipe by Our Whimsical World
• 85g rolled oats
• 600ml semi-skimmed milk
• ½ tsp mixed spice
• ½ tsp ground cinnamon
• 1 ripe banana, mashed
• 6 walnuts, chopped
• chia seeds, to sprinkle on top
1) Add the oats & milk to a non-stick saucepan, mix well and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the oats have almost absorbed the milk. Stir regularly to prevent sticking.
2) When the porridge is almost at the consistency you like, add the spices, banana & half of the walnuts.
3) Add more milk if you prefer a looser porridge, however we like ours quite thick.
4) When ready, serve in your favourite bowl and top with the remaining walnuts and chia seeds. Enjoy!
We love experimenting with different flavours and textures in our porridge. Sautéed apple & cinnamon, poached pear & blackberry, sultana & mixed seeds… The possibilities are endless. Adding nuts & seeds gives texture, and fruit makes it nice and sweet. Delicious!
Remember, we don’t currently use affiliate links or sponsored products, so everything we have mentioned is because we bought it and genuinely used it!
What’s your favourite porridge topping? Let us know in the comments!