If, like me, you enjoy a deliciously buttery shortbread biscuit, then you’ll LOVE this recipe. Ready to eat in under an hour, they are also quick and super easy. The best thing about it? They only use 3 everyday ingredients!
Simple Shortbread Recipe
Recipe by Our Whimsical World
Makes 24 biscuits approximately
• 100g caster sugar
• 250g salted butter, at room temperature
• 360g plain flour
1) Mix the butter and sugar together until soft and creamy.
2) Add half (180g) of the flour and combine. Add the remaining flour and, using your hands, bring together until a smooth dough is formed.
3) Lightly flour your work surface and rolling pin, then roll out the dough.
4) Line a couple of baking sheets with greaseproof or baking paper.
5) Use a cookie cutter or knife to cut out your cookies and place them on the lined baking sheets. Remember to re-roll the off-cuts and make more biscuits – you won’t want to waste a drop!
6) Using a fork, prick the top of the biscuits. This will ensure they bake evenly and not bubble up.
7) Place them in the fridge for 30 minutes. Pre-heat the oven to 180°c (165°c fan / gas mark 4).
8) Bake for 15-20 minutes until just turning brown. Keep an eye on them – they can turn brown very quickly!
9) Cool on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes to allow them to crisp and cool. Enjoy!
Have you given these a try? What’s your favourite biscuit? Are you a dunker? Let us know in the comments!