This one is a real favourite with my little one. Not only is it messy, but it makes a good dessert too! If (like me) you sometimes struggle to let them make too much mess, this one is great because jelly is water-based so doesn’t really stain, and it smells nice too!
• Sugar-free jelly powder or cubes (+ water to make, as per packet instructions)
• Easy to clean water-safe toys
• A large dish, tub or container
1) Make up the liquid jelly, as per packet instructions. We used 2 pints (2 sachets) of jelly to fill our dish.
2) Before the jelly goes in to the fridge to set, add the toys. You may want to use a tub with a lid to keep the toys submerged whilst it sets. There won’t be a lot of digging going on if the toys are sitting on the top!
3) Once the jelly is set, you are good to go! Make sure you have a bath or plenty of wet wipes close by – things will get messy!
Does your little one love messy play? What is their favourite activity? Let us know in the comments!