Many people, like my husband, are returning to their first Monday morning of work since lockdown, so we thought we’d make a family favourite for dinner to give everyone something to look forward to! Sausage & Mash with Homemade Yorkshire Puddings! Classic British comfort food at its best.
Day 18 Menu
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs and Baked Beans on Seeded Toast
Lunch: More Toast!
Dinner: Cauldron Lincolnshire Meat-Free Sausage & Mash with Homemade Yorkshire Puddings (recipe for Yorkie Puds below)
Fool-proof Yorkshire Pudding Recipe
Recipe by Our Whimsical World
Serves 4 large Yorkshire puddings
• 4tbsp sunflower oil
• 70g plain flour
• 2 large eggs
• 100ml milk
1) Pre-heat the oven to 210°c
2) In a 4-hole Yorkshire Pudding tin, put 1tbsp of oil in each hole. Pop in the oven for at least 10 minutes to get the oil sizzling hot.
3) Meanwhile, put the flour, eggs & milk in a jug and whisk with a fork until the batter is smooth.
4) Once the oil in the tin is very hot, carefully take out of the oven, evenly pour the mixture in to the four holes and return to the oven. Do this as quickly as safely possible to keep the oil and the oven hot. Do not be tempted to open the oven door to check on them during the cooking time as this will cause the oven to cool and you will see your wonderful puds deflate before your very eyes! This is the key to getting big & fluffy Yorkie puds! Bake for 20-25 minutes.
5) Serve with your favourite meat-free sausages, seasonal veg, potatoes & lashings of thick onion gravy!
Remember, we don’t currently use affiliate links or sponsored products, so everything we have mentioned is because we bought it and genuinely used it!
Are you guilty of buying frozen Yorkshire Puddings? Now you know how cheap and easy it is, will you make your own? Let us know in the comments!